Sunday, August 24, 2008

August 24,2008

This week ended orientation and allowed for some down time before we begin inservices this week. I did have a birthday and then got a little sick. I am feeling better.

I wanted to post some pictures of where I live so you could get a better idea about where I am.






This is the living area. What you see is called a frosh. It's a Moroccan term for a couch. Our internet, tv and landline phone are all in this room. We spend time here :) Amanda (my roommate) and I have watched several epispodes of a few different tv shows that she has here. I am so thankful for her fantastic collection.







This is our kitchen. This is actually just one side :) Anyone who had been in my house will appreciate how much I like the fact that this is not a "one-butt kitchen." If you look carefully, there is a dishwasher in the right corner. It's pretty amazing that I moved all the way here to have a microwave AND a dishwasher.



When I got here I needed to buy a comforter. It's nice to have blue a part of my life again.








This is Calvin. SHE is my roommate's dog. I am
pleased to say that she is a very likable dog and loves people. She has been a fun surprise being here.

This is a corner of the view outside on our balcony. Yes that is the Atlantic Ocean and I wave periodically since it's in your general direction. :)












I also thought it would be fun to see some of the food. This is milk. One side is French and one side is Arabic. And here are some familiar cereals. You can see the Arabic on the boxes.
Yes the milk here comes in boxes. :)

















So, this is one of the favorite stories that people like to know about the traditional tea. I couldn't get a great zoom on the pic. The tea is a Chinese green tea that is prepared with mint. It is very sweet when served.


It says that it contains extra gunpowder... who knew... :)
So, this last picture is out of the door of my "juliet balcony" (Rose is that right? it's not really a balcony. It has a little rail... but a full size door with a screen.)

This is one of the pics that makes me fully aware of where I am. I wish the picture showed how beautiful the moon was that night.

Thanks for all your comments. your thoughts. your prayers. your encouragements.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Your place looks great! Thanks for the pics! The tea made me laugh because I bought Matthew some Chinese tea with extra gunpowder JUST because it said that on the package.

lanagummeson said...

Thanks for the tour beautiful one. How did I miss your birthday? I know that though I missed it, I didn't stop missing you. I loved seeing where you are. I am inspired and shall do the same in my place asap :) Love ya darlin!
and happy Belated Birthday! :)