Monday, October 13, 2008

Madrid

So, I did not realize that it had been over a month since my last post. Please forgive. I haven't had many pictures to update it...I know excuses, excuses :)

Anyway the first weekend in October a friend of mine from work and I went to Madrid for the weekend. We stayed in a hostel just off of the street with the major department store shopping.

This was a view from our window.










After checking in we decided to take a walk and what do you know, we found a Starbucks... just around the corner. This is one of my picture proofs that I was actually in Madrid... well sort of anyway. I was there, but I guess there is really no way to tell from the picture... anyway you guys know what I mean.


It was truly amazing to have a small taste of home...
I love street shots and so I will include a few.

For all my friends who know how much I like flowers, I was so glad to see that there were petunias there. :)




This is the cathedral that is across the courtyard from the palace. It was beautiful and enormous on the inside.


This is the palace.

I am really hoping that this video works for you to see. This was fun to just listen to these guys in the palace courtyard and just enjoy being outside.


This is Susan. We met this summer and she is working at a school about 30 minutes outside of Madrid. She was able to come into town and eat dinner with us. It was great fun to see her.

4 comments:

lindy said...

Hey Staci!! You look wonderful and your eyes are open :)) tee hee! I think you need to go to Spain more often! Great pictures and the music too...that is really cool that you can do that. Thanks!!
Love you & miss you...
(PS-I can't believe I am posting a blog)

Leigh said...

Love the video - it came out great!! Thanks for the pics...I agree with Lindy that you need to go to Spain more often! I lol'd at the Starbucks photo as "proof" that you were in Madrid, and the street scenes were fabulous.
Watch the mail!

Patricia said...

Hey you! Looks like you are really getting an opportunity to experience the world! I am so excited for you and lindy is right...the video was great!

lanagummeson said...

i want to be in the pict with you and susan...